[pullquote_left]Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. (1 Chronicles 16:28-29)[/pullquote_left]
I think all parents are acquainted with the maxim that “silence is golden.” But the Lord was speaking to me this morning as I walked my dog, reminding me that when it concerns God and His Kingdom, there is no place for silence. I felt His gentle rebuke of my spirit that I haven’t been lifting up His name with the frequency or volume that He merits.
Here are some of the things I must belatedly trumpet:
- God is good. All the time (Psalm 118:29.)
- His love and mercy endure forever (Psalm 100:5 and Micah 7:18-29.)
- There is no end to his Kingdom (Daniel 2:44 and Isaiah 9:7.)
- The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes (Proverbs 21:1.)
- His grace is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9.)
Each of these is true and needs no explanation. But God has illustrated each of these in my life recently, so I will give Him the honor He deserves and address why He put them on my heart:
- The past year was financially tumultuous as the economy and other circumstances impacted many of our ministry partners and their ability to give to the Lord through our ministry. Yet again and again, in His timing, God met our needs in the moment and is now engaging many new ministry partners to come alongside us and provide the means to advance our mission.
- Thousands are dying across the Middle East as lost souls cry out for change. They may not know that Jesus can give them the living water they are so thirsty for, but we must be ready to lead them to the Well. My heart is broken for those suffering and persecuted, especially for the believers punished for their faith. I pray the Lord will enable us to again take part in building His unshakable Kingdom in this region.
- Haiti also continues to be challenged in it’s governance. The Lord is not surprised by any of the turmoil in the nations, but rather He holds the future in His hands. I will follow Him back to Haiti and wherever He leads as often as He calls.
- It’s all about Him. There is nothing in my day today that has greater significance than living for Him and seeking His Kingdom. If it doesn’t have eternal significance, why am I investing in it?
- I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine (Song of Songs 6:3.) God has illumined and envisioned His eternal romance in my marriage, which grows sweeter every year. I love being married to Anne, and I learn new things about Jesus through our marriage all the time.
Yes, there are moments in life when the old axiom about silence being golden can seem true. But never when it comes to the glory of the Lord. Lift His banner high!