We are re-printing the update we posted on Facebook last night on behalf of the Chanje Movement, our humanitarian outreach in Haiti. You may know the backstory on Chanje, but may not have heard the recent and troubling news:
Some of our key partners were robbed this week (December 12, 2014) by a group of men who invaded Chanje Lakay Bellanton with force. No one was physically harmed, though our partners were threatened. This pastor and his wife (who rescued and now care for more than 20 children) lost everything of value, including the funds to buy daily food for the staff and kids. They had also been planning to buy a parcel of land for church planting, and now that money is gone as well.
Our partners need our support. They need encouragement, they need prayer, and they need funds for simple things like food, replacing their mobile phones, and to put some security in place for themselves, their staff and the children who call our shelter home.
If you would like to be part of that support, here are some simple ways you can do that:
- Encouragement: email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note and we will send your message to our partners via email and include your name. If you know them personally, please include their names. If you don’t, that’s okay too. They’ll be encouraged by the love and compassion of the brothers and sisters who they’ve never met. Send your Christmas and New Years greetings as well.
- Prayer: however you wish, but here are three specific requests:
- Ask God to keep the staff and children safe (for example, pray according to Psalm 59, particularly verses 1-4, 16-17.)
- Pray for our partners’ spiritual and emotional comfort and for them to know God’s peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:4-9.)
- Pray for their provision and God’s favor upon them (see Luke 2:52; Proverbs 3:34; 9:10; Genesis 6:8; Exodus 33:17)
- Finances: we developed a list of needs that people can contribute toward. The goals cover immediate needs and coming needs for the 1st quarter of next year, and the budget for 2015. We welcome your involvement however you are led. Visit bit.ly/1response to donate.
- Share this with others (for instance, on Facebook, don’t just “like” it, choose share on your timeline)
Thank you for all the ways your love is helping bring change![divider_top]
The Chanje Movement is the humanitarian outreach of The Global Mission, a registered 501c3 nonprofit. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Contact us if you wish to donate stock, mutual funds, bonds or other securities. Contributions can be mailed to PO Box 80222 Rancho Santa Margarita CA 92688.